Welcome to the web page of Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring/Management Information Systems Unit (PBM/MISU).
In 1972, Development and Planning Unit was created to provide maximum administrative support for the Vice- Chancellor. The Unit metamorphosed into the Directorate of Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring in 1975 during the Directorate system of administration in the University. It became a Unit once again when the system was dismantled and in 2002, the Management Information Systems Unit was merged with the Unit to become Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring/Management Information Systems Unit (PBM/MISU).
The merger was to strengthen and equip the PBMU further with tools for data management, the function the Unit had been performing. The National Universities Commission (NUC) however refers to the unit as the Academic Planning Unit just as it is in all Nigerian Universities, whether public or private.
The objectives of the Unit are, among others:
- To develop a data bank for planning and budgeting and information system for the University.
- To develop planning parameters and cost saving devices through the use of the modern scientific management methods and tools.
- To prepare the annual estimates of the Recurrent Expenditure (in collaboration with the Bursary of the University).
- To develop the Action plan, Academic Brief, Strategic plan, etc of the University.
- To monitor space and other facilities available in the University.
- To evaluate the resources of the University and plan the allocation of funds and other resources.
- To assist in systems development
- To liaise with the National Universities Commission on all issues that pertains to academic planning and quality control of academic programmes.
The major goals are:
- To ensure the judicious utilization and management of the University's resources through the use of scientific and modern budgeting techniques.
- To ensure constant availability of data in the data bank for the development of indices for planning and determination of performance indicators.
- Computerization of student's and staff records for easy accessibility to information.
- Coordination of information on staff establishment, variation etc.
The PBM/MIS Unit comprises three (3) Sections viz:
(i) Academic Planning and Statistics/Budget Section
(ii) Resource Planning /Monitoring System Analysis and Space Management
(iii) Management Information Systems Unit
STAFF OF THE UNIT
|S/N||Name of Staff||Designation|
|1||Dr. E.A. Agbaje||Ag Director|
|2||Mr. O.D. Abidoye||Chief Systems Programmer|
|3||Mr. F.C. Awosope||Planning Officer I|
|4||Mr. O.J. Balogun||Planning Officer I|
|5||Mrs M.K. Sobola||Administrative Officer II|
|6||Mr. J.W. Mobolaji||Planning Officer III|
|7||Mrs. F.T. Ogundokun||Planning Officer III|
|8||Mr. O.O. Durotoye||Planning Officer III|
|9||Mrs. F.O. Nmerole||Confidential Secretary I|
|10||Mr. J.O. Bamigboye||Prin. Executive Officer I (Data Processing)|
|11||Mrs. A.O. Ajala||Senior Executive Officer|
|12||Mr. K. Salami||Chief Secretarial Assistant|
|13||Mrs. B.I. Adeleke||Chief Secretarial Assistant|
|14||Mr. M.O. Balogun||Chief Clerical Officer|
|15||Mr. R.Z. Aina||Clerical Officer|
|16||Mrs. R.E. Adeyera||Clerical Officer|
|17||Mr. G. Adeyemi||Chief Office Assistant|
|18||Mr. J.O. Adenuga||Office Assistant|